Adaptable for All Levels of Expertise So You Can Get Started Quickly
Easy to set up in under 30 minutes, you can start performing simple tasks with your Gen3 right away. Thanks to its modular hardware and robust Kinova® Kortex™ API software (which includes a new teaching mode), you can adapt and control your robot to perform complex applications.
- High-level and low-level control
- 1 kHz closed-loop control at low-level
- Smart actuators with integrated torque sensors
- Optional integrated 2D/3D vision module
- Versatile end-effector interface module
- Highly portable
- Infinite rotation on all joints
Kinova Gen3 6 DoF
Kinova Gen3 7 DoF
Gen3 Speaks Your Language
Get a head start on your projects so you can achieve results faster, whether you want to publish for research or working on a new and innovative commercial solution. Gen3 is ideal for dynamic human-robot interactions in unstructured environments.
- 6 DoF or 7 DoF
- ROS, MATLABⓇ, and SimulinkⓇ packages
- Closed-loop low-level control at 1 kHz
- Advanced programming in C++ and Python environments
- Gazebo and MoveIt simulation environments
- The intuitive Web App connects from any work desktop or mobile device
Read Case Study
'Kinova's robot is robust and easy to use (not forgetting its awesome software), making it the ideal platform to prototype from. The new Gen3 looks like it has super-sized in terms of hardware, packing an even more powerful punch as a research tool.'
- Doug Morrison, PhD Researcher, Australian Centre for Robotic Vision
'In the end, I must say that Kinova was the only one able to satisfy all my requirements and needs.'
- Giuseppe Loianno, Assistant Professor at NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Control, Convenience and Connectivity
The Gen3 embedded controller makes it extremely practical and simple to connect your robot in a number of ways and is adaptable for multiple application needs. Indeed, you have multiple ways of controlling it, including bypassing the controller for direct access to each individual actuator with closed-loop control at 1 kHz. Kinova's Gen3 robot is adaptable for varying levels of expertise to test and perform simple or complex grasping and manipulation tasks.
Case studies, Q&As and expert blog posts; showing the ways our clients and partners are using Kinova's Gen3 robotic arm to do great things. Ranging from research, computer vision, security, nuclear, hazmat, advanced manufacturing, medical and even warehousing.