Adaptable for all levels of expertise so you can get started quickly
Easy to set up in under 30 minutes, you can start performing simple tasks with your Gen3 right away. Thanks to its modular hardware and robust KINOVAⓇ KORTEXTM open API software, including new teaching modes, you can adapt and control your robot to perform complex applications.
- High-level and low-level control
- 1 kHz closed-loop control at low level
- Smart actuators with integrated torque sensors
- Optional integrated 2D/3D vision module
- Open end-effector interface module
Kinova Gen3 6 DoF
Kinova Gen3 7 DoF
Gen3 speaks your language
Get a head start on your projects so you can achieve results faster and publish results sooner.
- ROS, MATLAB® and Simulink® packages
- Closed-loop , low-level control at 1kHz
- Advanced programming in C++ and Python environments
- Gazebo and MoveIt simulation environments
- Intuitive web app connects from any desktop or mobile device
See the ACRV Case Study
"Kinova's robot is robust and easy to use (not forgetting its awesome software), making it the ideal platform to prototype from. The new Gen3 looks like it has super-sized in terms of hardware, packing an even more powerful punch as a research tool."
Doug Morrison, PhD Researcher, Australian Centre for Robotic Vision
Control, convenience and connectivity
The Gen3 embedded controller makes it extremely practical and simple to connect your robot in a number of ways and is adaptable for multiple application needs. In fact, you have multiple ways of controlling it, including bypassing the controller for direct access to each individual actuator with closed-loop control at 1kHz.