As a system specialist, you will be responsible for understanding customer needs and required functionality early in the product development cycle. You will participate in the definition of a system and software architecture that will satisfy the product requirements. You will actively participate in writing software requirements and maintaining requirements traceability. You will closely follow the various design, development, and software validation activities to ensure that the delivered product will meet the product requirements. You will actively participate in the planning and estimation of activities related to the maintenance and software development of robotic products. You will play a key role in bringing products into production and supporting production.
Main responsibilities - Agile development
- Develop products in an agile environment using the Scrum methodology;
- Participate in backlog review and sprint planning;
- Assist scrum masters in removing blocking elements by clarifying various information with the development team.
Main responsibilities - Product development
- Participate in the review of product requirements from internal and external customers;
- Participate in project planning and estimation;
- Participate in risk analysis of software and hardware components;
- Write risk control documents;
- Define mitigation measures in relation to the risks;
- Evaluate the technical impacts of proposed mitigations;
- Define and document system architectures;
- Write system requirements;
- Decompose complex systems into simple elements;
- Participate in the definition and writing of software architectures;
- Write software requirements in collaboration with the development teams;
- Maintain traceability from product requirements to system and software requirements;
- Participate in design reviews of software and hardware components;
- Follow up with development teams to ensure that the product meets the system requirements;
- Participate in the preparation and writing of system (product) test and validation plans and reports;
- Support and guide the test and validation team;
- Follow up on the evolution of the product architecture;
- Provide technical support to the designers;
- Follow the Kortex development process.
Main responsibilities - Production start-up and support
- Work in close collaboration with the different departments for the production launch of new products;
- Define strategies for the release of new products;
- Evaluate the efforts required with the development teams to support the product launch activities of new products;
- Support the manufacturing engineering group in the resolution of technical issues.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or software engineering;
- Minimum six years of experience in product development (R&D);
- Minimum four years experience in a systems engineering position;
- Experience in real-time embedded software development;
- Experience in system architecture definition;
- Experience in writing system requirements;
- Experience in software architecture definition;
- Experience in writing software requirements;
- Experience in risk analysis;
- Experience in defining integration and system testing strategies;
- Experience with requirements and document management tools such as Doors, Polarion, Codebeamer or equivalent;
- Experience with a rigorous software development process (e.g., IEC 62304, DO-178);
- Customer-oriented, professional, motivated, and meticulous.
- Experience in robotics product development;
- Experience in medical product development;
- Experience in electronics development;
- Experience with DFT (design for testability) based design;
- Experience with UML based documentation;
- Experience with development in an agile environment;
- Experience with project planning and estimation.
- As soon as possible
What we offer
- Snacks, coffee, and fresh fruits at all times;
- Devoted and formidable work team;
- Cutting edge technology work environment;
- Company culture focused on the active development of each individual;
- Personal days offs, in addition to vacation;
- Group insurance;
- Free parking;
- Charging stations for electric vehicles;
- Regular social and sports activities;
- And even more! But you'll want to meet us to know further...
Kinova is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment for all and acting in discrimination against people on the basis of gender, nationality, minority status, or disability. As such, Kinova provides accommodation at all stages of the recruitment process and will treat all information relating to your health in a confidential and without prejudice. Please note that access to our interview rooms and our office spaces already meet universal accessibility standards. For more information about our Diversity and Inclusion Policy or for any interview accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Dominique Brunet at (514) 277-3777 ext. 6.