Senior Robotic Control Developer
Kinova would like to add a senior robotic control expert to its team for upcoming projects in 2020-2021.
As a robotic control developer, you will actively participate in the design, development, evaluation and optimization of algorithms found in our software library to improve the control and operation of our different robotic platforms. Through modeling, simulation and integration activities, you will ensure the evolution of our products by improving their performance, security and intuitiveness according to the application sectors. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the candidate will work closely with mechanical, electrical and software developers to deliver a complete, robust and high quality robotic platform.
- Propose, evaluate, develop and optimize control and robotic algorithms for use with our different robotic platforms.
- Ensure the implementation of control solutions remains uniform across all of our robotic platforms
- Ensure the evolution of our robotic technology while improving the security and intuitiveness of our products and their applications
- Support continuous product improvement efforts
- Use experience/knowledge to propose solutions and mentor peers
- Participate in the writing of specifications and requirements of our products and control architectures, and their characterization plans.
- 10 years of experience in robotics field (work and/or graduate studies)
- Masters/PhD in robotics preferred or Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or related field
- Experience with C++ and/or Matlab
- Experience and knowledge in the following robotics subjects:
- Force-based control modes (Admittance, Impedance, etc)
- Kinematics/Dynamics of robotic manipulators
- Robotic manipulator design and optimization concepts
- Calibration of robotic manipulators
- Robotic vision applications
- Advanced control theory
- Singularity avoidance
- Collision detection/avoidance
- Optimal trajectory and path planning
- Experience with real-time systems
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Atlassian suite
- Knowledge of medical and industrial norms (certification)
- As soon as possible
What we offer:
- Snacks, coffee and fresh fruits at all time;
- Devoted and formidable work team;
- Cutting edge technology work environment;
- Company culture focused on active development of each individual;
- Personal days offs, in addition to vacation;
- Competitive salaries;
- Group insurance;
- Free parking;
- Charging stations for electric vehicles;
- Regular social and sport activities;
- And even more! But you'll want to meet us to know further...