Robotic control developer (three positions, possibility of remote work)
As a robotic control developer within multidisciplinary teams, you will actively participate in the development, evaluation, and optimization of control algorithms on various robotic platforms.
- Develop, evaluate and optimize control algorithms related to the production of advanced robotic products;
- Approve the selected control solutions;
- Ensure consistency in the implementation of control solutions for all robotic products;
- Provide support and training to the integration team;
- Ensure the evolution of the control to increase safety and intuitiveness according to the application sectors;
- Support continuous product improvement efforts;
- Mentor technically the less experienced members of the robotic control team.
- Master's degree or doctorate in engineering, specializing in robotics;
- Minimum three years of experience in robotics product development;
- Experience in programming with MATLAB, C, and C++;
- Experience in control algorithm development/optimization;
- Leadership, resourcefulness, autonomy, and proactivity;
- Ability to work in a team and transfer knowledge.
Experience in the following fields
- Kinematics for a robot with five degrees of freedom and more;
- Development of singularity avoidance algorithms;
- Development of collision avoidance algorithms with itself or with its environment;
- Trajectory planning;
- Constrained trajectory optimization;
- Control under kinematic and dynamic constraints;
- Joint and cartesian control;
- Admittance/impedance control;
- Force control;
- Kinematic calibration.
- Experience in programming with Python;
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Jenkins;
- Experience with Jira;
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Meticulous personality;
- Experience in the medical field;
- Experience with ISO 13485 (medical devices), ISO 10218 (robotic devices), ISO 9283 (industrial robot handling);
- Experience with IEC 62304.
- As soon as possible
What we offer
- Snacks, coffee, and fresh fruits at all times;
- Devoted and formidable work team;
- Cutting edge technology work environment;
- Company culture focused on the active development of each individual;
- Personal days offs, in addition to vacation;
- Group insurance;
- Free parking;
- Charging stations for electric vehicles;
- Regular social and sports activities;
- And even more! But you'll want to meet us to know further...
Kinova is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment for all and acting in discrimination against people on the basis of gender, nationality, minority status, or disability. As such, Kinova provides accommodation at all stages of the recruitment process and will treat all information relating to your health in a confidential and without prejudice. Please note that access to our interview rooms and our office spaces already meet universal accessibility standards. For more information about our Diversity and Inclusion Policy or for any interview accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com or Dominique Brunet at (514) 277-3777 ext. 6.