Regional sales manager (Northeastern United States)
The regional sales manager (RSM) is responsible for maintaining/increasing sales volume with existing and new accounts for Kinova’s portfolio of collaborative robots and services. Located in the northeastern part of the United States, the RSM will be accountable for executing assigned sales goals and sales plans within a designated sales territory. The RSM will work proactively with appropriate division management and related support departments to ensure on-time customer service needs are met or exceeded. This position reports to the senior sales director for the United States and Canada.
- Responsible for sales goals/quotas in the assigned territory;
- Hunt for new sales opportunities and once qualified/validated introduce them to the local Kinova distributor;
- Drive KPIs and action plans to achieve the annual target and KPIs;
- Develop countermeasures to get back to budget if behind;
- Effectively manage opportunity funnel, forecasting, and action plans;
- Canvas, initiate, qualify sales leads and follow through to ensure a solid sales funnel with distributors;
- Participate in joint visits with distributors' sales reps to end-users and other target market accounts as well as system integrators;
- Represent the company at trade shows and other professional activities;
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the marketplace;
- Must be capable of overnight travel up to 50% of the time or as required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering (electrical or mechanical preferred) or related subject or 3+ years of any other relevant industry-related experience;
- 3+ years of experience in outside sales and managing a territory;
- Must have proven track record of exceeding sales quota;
- Experience working with distribution;
- Previous experience in industrial automation, solution/project selling involving a technical product;
- Strong sense of understanding of the value proposition to end-users;
- Business acumen that can be applied at different levels of decision-makers from senior management to technical support;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of Google Suite as well as Microsoft Office products.
- To be discussed