Quality and compliance engineer, robotic and automation
As a quality and compliance engineer, your primary function will be to improve and ensure the quality of industrial and professional products by actively participating in technical reviews, proposing solutions affecting design, manufacturing, and procedures.
- Introduce new practices for the development and improvement of existing products;
- Participate in updating procedures and various continuous improvement projects using best practices in change management;
- Identify concrete solutions and strategies (based on facts) to improve product quality;
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and prepare action plans to solve problems encountered;
- Manage complaints from the industrial department (cause analysis, corrective action plan, etc.);
- Actively participate in design reviews, document the sessions, and closely follow up on identified actions;
- Ensure that products are evaluated and tested for compliance with all applicable codes and standards (CE, CSA, FCC, ISO, UL, etc.);
- Ensure that industrial and professional products are maintained in compliance by monitoring regulations, evaluating changes, and implementing them;
- Initiate, escalate, investigate and coordinate corrective actions or change requests (engineering changes, corrective and preventive actions);
- Verify and approve various engineering documents;
- Analyze data and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Prepare documents in collaboration with the engineering team (risk analysis, DFMECA, PFMECA, etc.) and oversee risk identification and mitigation activities during the development and life cycle of the product;
- Follow up on the execution of actions related to product quality;
- Implement and ensure the follow-up of quality indicators.
- University degree in automated production engineering, electrical or mechanical engineering;
- Five years experience in quality and regulatory compliance (industrial environment);
- Experience in product certification to CE, UL, CSA, FCC, etc;
- Skilled in project and time management and maintaining schedules in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to facilitate work sessions and present action plans;
- Attention to detail with the ability to proofread and check documents for accuracy and inconsistency;
- Proven analytical reasoning, problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Team player, influencer, and communicator;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Specialized training in regulatory assessment;
- Experience in machine safety;
- Experience in lean design and manufacturing.
- As soon as possible
What we offer
- Snacks, coffee, and fresh fruits at all times;
- Devoted and formidable work team;
- Cutting edge technology work environment;
- Company culture focused on the active development of each individual;
- Personal days offs, in addition to vacation;
- Group insurance;
- Free parking;
- Charging stations for electric vehicles;
- Regular social and sports activities;
- And even more! But you'll want to meet us to know further...
Kinova is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment for all and acting in discrimination against people on the basis of gender, nationality, minority status, or disability. As such, Kinova provides accommodation at all stages of the recruitment process and will treat all information relating to your health in a confidential and without prejudice. Please note that access to our interview rooms and our office spaces already meet universal accessibility standards. For more information about our Diversity and Inclusion Policy or for any interview accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Dominique Brunet at (514) 277-3777 ext. 6.