As a payroll technician (master payroll), the person will be responsible for managing the complete payroll cycle for all group companies (Canada (200 employees), USA (3 employees), and Germany (10 employees)).
- Performs full cycle payroll processing;
- Open and close employee files in ADP's Workforce Now payroll software and in the company's accounting system;
- Update employee records on the various platforms;
- Managing employee group insurance and retirement programs;
- Prepare payroll journal entries after each payroll;
- Create user access codes in the payroll system;
- Follow up on banks (sickness, vacation);
- Assume the planning, organization, and execution of various technical and administrative payroll activities while respecting deadlines; control the quality and accuracy of various operations to be processed;
- Update and verify monthly invoices from the group insurance provider, ensure that the premiums invoiced correspond to those programmed in the payroll system, and make changes if necessary;
- Balance and prepare year-end reports related to the payroll process (e.g. T4, Relevé 1, etc.);
- Act as a resource person for managers and/or employees who have questions regarding payroll and benefits;
- Perform various monthly reports for the Finance Department;
- Actively participate in the improvement/implementation of payroll and employee management platforms;
- Train new employees and managers on timesheet entry/approval;
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- DEC in accounting;
- Minimum of five years experience in payroll processing (medium or large company);
- Good problem solving and organizational skills developed;
- Very good communication skills in French and English (oral & written);
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Knowledge of the Office suite (Excel ex.: VLookup, pivot tables) and ERP systems.
- Canadian Payroll Association certification
- As soon as possible
What we offer
- Snacks, coffee, and fresh fruits at all time;
- Devoted and formidable work team;
- Cutting edge technology work environment;
- Company culture focused on the active development of each individual;
- Personal days offs, in addition to vacation;
- Competitive salaries;
- Group insurance;
- Free parking;
- Charging stations for electric vehicles;
- Regular social and sports activities;
- And even more! But you'll want to meet us to know further...
Kinova is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment for all and acting in discrimination against people on the basis of gender, nationality, minority status, or disability. As such, Kinova provides accommodation at all stages of the recruitment process and will treat all information relating to your health in a confidential and without prejudice. Please note that access to our interview rooms and our office spaces already meet universal accessibility standards. For more information about our Diversity and Inclusion Policy or for any interview accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com or Dominique Brunet at (514) 277-3777 ext. 6.