Kortex team leader, embedded software
As a Kortex™ team leader, embedded software, you will be responsible for guiding the efforts of an embedded software development team to ensure the success of various projects. You will also be responsible for growing your team to full autonomy in an agile development environment. You will work closely with the Kortex team manager on staffing, continuous improvement, planning, and strategic direction.
- Promote agile development with the Scrum methodology;
- Act as a Scrum master within his team;
- Plan and facilitate the different Scrum ceremonies: sprint planning, stand-up, sprint review, and retrospective;
- Ensure that the team meets its sprint delivery commitments;
- Develop the autonomy of his team (self-organized) and make them responsible;
- Assist the director and the program manager in estimation and planning activities.
- Implement best practices in development within the team;
- Participate in the implementation of standards;
- Ensure an efficient work environment with the right tools;
- Participate in the implementation of metrics and reports;
- Ensure compliance with the Kortex software development process;
- Promote teamwork in small groups;
- Take charge of the definition of software development requirements;
- Support the documentation of the software architecture;
- Develop real-time systems;
- Develop embedded software in a multi-platform environment;
- Validate and test the different embedded systems;
- Participate in the selection and implementation of static code analysis tools;
- Recruitment and Integration;
- Assist the Director in hiring activities and actively participate in the selection of candidates for his team;
- Ensure adequate follow-up of the integration of new employees;
- Propose improvement solutions and/or training for the team, contribute to the individual development of employees;
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and salary negotiations.
- Approve team members' timesheets;
- Propose objectives and ensure that the team's objectives are met;
- Manage a team of 8 to 12 people;
- Track performance and manage team priorities;
- Coordinate and approve team vacations.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, software or equivalent;
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in software development;
- Minimum three years of experience in project management/personnel management;
- Relevant experience in C and C++ programming;
- Experience in embedded software development under Linux;
- Experience in automated testing strategy;
- Experience with unit testing and code coverage;
- Experience in development requirements management and traceability;
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-functional environment;
- Business acumen, strategic thinking, initiative, leadership, and influencing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Customer-focused, professional, self-motivated, and thorough;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be comfortable making quick decisions in situations of risk and uncertainty;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT;
- Experience with low-level software development (Board Support Package);
- Experience with ARM and other microcontrollers;
- Knowledge of quality management principles and methodologies (ISO 13485);
- Experience in software development following the IEC-62304 standard;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- As soon as possible
What we offer
- Snacks, coffee, and fresh fruits at all time;
- Devoted and formidable work team;
- Cutting edge technology work environment;
- Company culture focused on the active development of each individual;
- Personal days offs, in addition to vacation;
- Competitive salaries;
- Group insurance;
- Free parking;
- Charging stations for electric vehicles;
- Regular social and sports activities;
- And even more! But you'll want to meet us to know further...
Kinova is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment for all and acting in discrimination against people on the basis of gender, nationality, minority status, or disability. As such, Kinova provides accommodation at all stages of the recruitment process and will treat all information relating to your health in a confidential and without prejudice. Please note that access to our interview rooms and our office spaces already meets universal accessibility standards. For more information about our Diversity and Inclusion Policy or for any interview accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com or Dominique Brunet at (514) 277-3777 ext. 6.